An account can be any of your configured social accounts with SocialPilot. You can configure:
- Facebook Profile
- Facebook Groups (Where you are an admin)
- Facebook Pages
- LinkedIn Profile
- LinkedIn Company Page
- Pinterest Board
- Vk.com Profile
- Vk.com Communities
Content sharing queue works on the basic account. You can assign multiple time slots for each day for each account. To simplify this, see the image below.
As per the above image, consider the fact that 14 posts are in queue and the first post will share on Friday at 1:00 p.m.; the 2nd post will share on 10:00 p.m. while the 3rd post will share on Saturday at 3:30 p.m. If there are no posts in the queue after that, the slots in the schedule will remain unused.
To connect your social media account:
- Click on Connect Account from sidebar.
- Click on Connect button to start authentication process.
- This will take you to a respective social networking website to enter your credentials.
- Once you verify your login, it may prompt you to allow SocialPilot to access your account.
- Accept all such prompts.
- After successful verification and authentication, you will be redirected back to SocialPilot.
- Congratulations! Your account is now connected.
Yes. You can configure multiple Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn accounts. With the ‘Starter’ plan, you are allowed to connect a total of 3 accounts. With our ‘Growth Hacker’ plan, you may connect up to 100 profiles.
Important: When you try to connect another Twitter or Facebook account, we recommend logging out from Twitter or Facebook to avoid any confusion during the authentication process.
It’s very simple. If you want to stop sharing content for any account, you just need to follow a couple of steps.
- Click on Manage Accounts page from sidebar.
- Select the account you want to stop and click on the “Running” link. It will stop further posting immediately.
To re-start your content sharing, you simply have to click on the “Paused” link from the same page.
In some cases, you may need to add some extra time slots into multiple accounts. You could do this by editing each account one by one, however, it’s a tedious work. With the “Add Time” button, you can easily add same time slot for schedules in multiple accounts with a single click.
Similarly, if you need to re-define or remove whole scheduling for multiple accounts, you can use the “Reset Schedule” button to delete all time slots.
Schedules allow you to set time slot for each day to manage your auto-sharing schedule. Whenever you add any post in the queue, it will be shared on all respective social media profiles based on such account-specific schedules.
Sometimes it happens that your social media profile may become disconnected. There are many possible reasons for this to occur. One of the most common reasons is that when you change your password on a particular social media site, your access token expires. In that event, you will need to reconnect your account with SocialPilot. Social networking websites such as Facebook allow us to share content on your account for 60 days. After that, you again need to reconnect your account. You can repair this by simply:
- Click on Manage Accounts from sidebar.
- Select the account you want to reconnect and click on the “Reconnect” button from the right side of the row.
- This should take you to the social media website to reconfirm the password. Once you’ve done this, you should be all set.
Zapier is an online tool that allows for easy automation of over 250+ of popular web application that can be automatically published through SocialPilot. A few examples are:
- Share an article on my Facebook profile as soon as I add it on Weebly.
- Add my Instagram post to queue for my Twitter and Facebook profiles.
You can define specific triggers and actions using the Zapier + SocialPilot integration. You may read more about this on our Zapier annoucement blog.